Sylvan Lake approves temporary billing measures
Sylvan Lake Town Council has approved temporary municipal billing measures, as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Municipal Utility Billing
- The Town of Sylvan Lake will allow utility customers the option to defer utility payments until August 31, 2020;
- The Town of Sylvan Lake will not charge late penalties on utility accounts, until August 31, 2020.
Property Tax Payments
- The Town of Sylvan Lake will allow property tax account holders the option to defer payments for the current year taxes, until December 31, 2020;
- The Town of Sylvan Lake will not charge August and September late penalties on arrears for current year taxes.
Members of the public are not required to apply or register for these programs, but we are available to assist members of the public with any questions or concerns:
- For Utility Billing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403 887 2141;
- For Property Taxes, please email email@example.com or call 403 887 2141;
- Members of the public can also reach us through www.sylvanlake.ca/Report-it
Town Office Payment Information
With municipal public facilities closed to the public, the Town of Sylvan Lake would like to remind residents that the Town of Sylvan Lake offers several options for payments of tax and utility bills:
- Set up pre-authorized payments to have your bill paid by automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
- Pay through your financial institution, including online, over the phone, in person, etc. Check with your bank to see what options are available.
- Use the Drop box outside the Municipal Government Building (located at the west entrance at the bottom of the stairs).
- Mail in your payments to Town of Sylvan Lake, 5012 – 48 Avenue, Sylvan Lake, AB, T4S 1G6